As a Laravel developer, I have build a few projects where I have added my own system for upvoting and downvoting user content such as blog posts, comments, albums, etc. I decided that, instead of building my voting system from scratch each time, I would create an official package for Laravel. Now the vote system can simply be imported into any project I need and other developers can benefit as well.
This package was inspired by Reddit karma. Some of the key features of this package include:
- Items can be up or down voted
- Items with votes can have a score calculated from the number of votes
- Users can have a score calculated from the items they have created, which have been voted on
- A user's vote weight can be dynamic meaning that some votes are worth more than others
- Users can be banned from voting